Friday, May 23, 2008

My Old Cards


Bow Wow Birthday
A 1946 Birthday from Aunt Margaret.

From Jim
A 1948 Birthday from boyfriend Jim Ryan, they lived next door on Berg Road.

A card from my friend Marge
1953 Graduation card from Marge and family, I use to baby sit for them in High School.

My graduation card
Graduation card from Aunt Margaret, Uncle Floyd, June and Stella, June 10th,. 1953

From Mom
1947 Birthday Card from my mother, a year after she left us with Aunt Margaret.

An old valentine card
1948 Valentines day card from Jim Ryan.

An old valentine card
1949 Valentine's card, from Jim Ryan

Another old valentine card
1951 Valentine's card from Jim Ryan, this is the last card received, he moved up State.

From my Honey
My first card from Wayne, it is a 1958 Christmas Card, we had been dating one month.

Valentine from my son Doug
1999 Valentine's day card, it is so beautiful, it is from my son Douglas.

Old float bridge postcard
1909 old float bridge over Mona Lake at Lake Harbor==Muskegon, Michigan.

6 comments:

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR MARGARET,
BEAUTIFUL CARDS
MAY I DOWNLOAD A PICTURE OF THEM TO PUT IN MY OWN PERSONAL JOURNAL I WRITE IN...THEY WILL BE USED FOR NO PROJECT, GIFT OR SUCH....JUST IN MY PERSONAL JOURNAL
HUGS
debbie

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Lovely cards I have loads but they are stored at my son's home. lovely to lookback on

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

While out with my sweetheart we went to one of our local jaunts. I found a huge gallon size ziploc bag full of olde cards. I was thrilled. Some I will frame & maybe sell, other's will find homes that are fitting for their intent. I love them all and have scanned them for safe keeping on the puter. Your are just as sweet.

Linda said...

I have to say, you are very computer savvy the way you put everything together on this wonderful blog! I'm impressed!

I LOVE the old cards - it's very special that you still have them and thanks for sharing them with us here.

Linda

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Amazing how these cards really digitized so well! Such clarity of picture!

What a wonderful treasure you have kept and preserved.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face in the middle of the night...

Katie Kat

DeniseinVA said...

Oh Margaret, I just saw your little dog greeting card on your side bar. How lovely that you kept them. I really enjoyed looking at them all, thank you for sharing them.

I also came by to see how everything was going, with the hopes that all goes well with you and your hubby. Thanks also for stopping by and saying hello.

Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment