Thursday, November 18, 2010

Give Thanks Party at Lynn's==Today

I am sharing three=funny stories that happened on the night before Christmas, well they were funny to us.

We were playing cards, drinking and eating at the same time. My brother-in-law, names "Shorty", guess why. He is a tight-wad and when playing cards keeps track of his money very closely. Not paying any attention, not to mention he was drunk, poured his beer into his jar of money instead of his beer glass.==year 1969

We were playing cards again, this seems to be a night before Christmas family tradition years ago. My husbands sister Karen went to the bathroom, very tipsy. Next my cousin Bill went and when he came back to the table, he was holding a very wet twenty dollar bill. He said to Karen, "it is a good thing you did not flush the toilet, this was floating on top".= year 1966

This one I think is very funny. After we were done playing cards, my husband went to brush the snow from our car. He was standing on the passenger side snow bank, acting cute. All of a sudden he slipped and went right under the car, we had to go out and help him get out from under. = year 1969

Link back to Lynn's blog. To do this look on my right side bar and you will see the "Give Thank's Party" logo, just click on this, it will take you to Lynn's blog and she has a list of everyone that is participating today and they have posted why they are thankful. Things on my thankful list are, my family and my blogging friends and our armed forces for protecting our country and may they come home safe.

16 comments:

Becky said...

Ha Ha, I'll be interested to hear about this years card party on Christmas eve.
B.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! Congratulations on winning Margaret and thank you for joining the party. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. xo Lynn.....P.S. When our boys were little we used to play cards on Christmas Eve too waiting for Santa to arrive.

Kavita Saharia said...

Hilarious stories! Thanks for sharing .
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.Thanks to blogger for introducing wonderful people like you as friends :)
Happy weekend !

A New Beginning said...

LOLZ thats funny!!!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congrats on winning Margaret and thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

Enjoy your week-end and Happy Thanks Giving next week.

Yvonne.

Patty said...

Loved the stories. Let us know if they are going to have one this year, so we can be prepared for another funny story. I just hope Wayne didn't hurt himself when he went under the car. But back then he was younger. LOL Like we all were. Happy week-end. Keep warm, it's a very cool damp day here today, makes my sinuses ached.

dr.antony said...

I think the cards had some thing to do with it!Looks like card tricks!
It is nice to know you,Margarete

Barb said...

I came to visit from Vintage nest.
Your stories were so funny. Watch those cards this year!

hugs,
Barb

Chubskulit Rose said...

Laughing here with your husband's incident hahaha..

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely funny stories Margaret, and a very special tradition getting together on Christmas Eve. Leaving with a smile and a chuckle here. Thank you. Have a great weekend.

Merle said...

Dear Margaret ~~ Good funny stories on
Christmas Eve playing cards & having fun.
Thank you for your comments and I was relieved with my scan results. I am glad
you liked my flowers, and the poem Anyway
It was a nice one Take great care my friend.
Love, Merle.

Judy said...

These are really funny stories especially the one about your hubby sliding under the car and had to be pulled out. I loved them all. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kay said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Margaret. Maybe everybody should stick to sparkling cider this year? :-)

Midlife Mom said...

I am chuckling at the thoughts of your dear husband slipping under the car! Glad you didn't drive off accidentally!

Happy Thanksgiving, yes we all have so much to be thankful for and it's nice to take the time to think about it and count our blessings. :o)

Anonymous said...

cute story thank you so much for sharing.

Merle said...

Dear Margaret ~~ I just popped back to wish you a very Happy Birthday for tomorrow 24th
I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the whole day. Take care, my friend. Love, Merle.

Post a Comment